About Bowls International
Launched in 1981, Bowls International has established itself as the number one magazine for all bowlers in the UK and beyond.
Whether playing at the highest level on the world stage or content with life at the grassroots of our sport, Bowls International prides itself on providing all bowlers with an ideal blend of interesting, entertaining, informative and instructional articles, supported by the latest news and views from some of the sport's biggest and influential names.
Bowls International is packed with:
Tony Allcock on his world travels
David Rhys Jones 'The Voice of Bowls' on all matters bowling
David Phillips on umpiring techniques and advice
Green maintenance with Dave Bracey
John Bell's monthly column on relevent bowls issues
Ellen Falkner on recruitment and delivery style
David Corkill calling the shots
Natalie Melmore on recruitment
Sian Gordon interviewing some of the best stars in the world
Kerry Packwood and John Rednall on recruiting young player
Willie Wood MBE gives you his top tips
Allan Thornhill looks at current umpiring issues
Steve Glasson OAM, Kelvin Kerkow OAM and Karen Murphy keep us up-to-date down under
Gerry Baker writes about how to improve the game
Tournament reports across the globe
Bowls holiday guide
About the Editor
Patrick Hulbert: firstname.lastname@example.org="mailto:email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org>
Patrick joined Bowls International magazine as assistant editor in August 2011 and was promoted to editor in February 2012.
Patrick’s main focus has been to ensure the publication is dynamic and comprehensive and that the magazine has expanded its appeal to a wider demographic in the bowls community. Part of this expansion has involved him setting up Facebook and Twitter accounts, with thousands of followers keeping up-to-date in the sport of bowls.
Patrick also plays the sport of bowls at a high level, representing England juniors from 2006-13 until going over the age threshold and he has represented England in China and America. He has won numerous county titles.
Patrick achieved a merit level Masters degree from the University of Warwick in English Literature and a 2:1 Bachelor’s degree from the University of Sheffield, also in English Literature.
Patrick has also written articles for The Daily Telegraph, Pitchcare magazine and a number of local newspapers.
- Five times world champion Alex reaches semi final 23 Jan 2015
- Greg Harlow breezes into World Indoor Championship semi final 23 Jan 2015
- Just Retirement agree three year sponsorship deal for the World Indoor Bowls Championship 23 Jan 2015
- Wales’ Laura Thomas has become the 2015 Ladies World Indoor Champion 22 Jan 2015
- Wednesday, January 21 at Potters 22 Jan 2015
- Question Time 5 Jun 2013
- Laws – Which Ones are we Using? 5 Jun 2013
- The Numbers Game 5 Jun 2013
- What is a 'Team' 27 Feb 2013
- Doing the Card 27 Feb 2013
- Maxi Pro Drakes Pride Bag 19 Oct 2012
- Thomas Taylor International 18 Oct 2012
- Clubhawk Gold Measure 26 Sep 2011
- Drakes Pride Bowls 21 Sep 2011