Advertising with Bowls International
Modern day bowls is typically associated with the Middle Ages but it was not until 1903 that the English Bowling Association under the Presidency of a certain Dr. W.G. Grace was launched. Within 25 years, bowls became a truly global sport with the creation of the International Bowling Board in countries such as Australia, the United States of America, Canada, New Zealand and South Africa.
Bowls has always been associated with the retirement market but the core age group of active bowlers is, in fact, 45 to 65. The world indoor bowls championship attracts more TV viewers than Rugby Union, Tennis, Racing and Skiing. Bowls England currently have over 130,000 members and there are more bowls clubs in Britain than any other sport except football with over 4,500 outdoor bowling clubs and 400 indoor clubs where passionate and active bowlers go to socialise and enjoy their sport.
The name of Bowls International is synonymous with the sport wherever bowls is played throughout the world due to the fact that the magazine has been at the forefront of the sport since it was launched back in 1981. It continues to provide a tried and trusted winning formula for bowlers as the world’s number one bowls magazine. Some of the sport’s biggest names and personalities such as Tony Allcock, David Corkill, John Bell, David Phillips, David Rhys Jones and Ellen Faulkner provide tip-top instruction and advice aimed at improving the readers’ game, whatever their ability and ambition, coupled with expert opinion, debate and words of wisdom on all aspects of the sport.
Bowls International has a worldwide readership in excess of 75,000 comprising male and female bowlers. Bowls International readers have above average disposable incomes as they are nearing the end of their financial commitments or just entering retirement.
• A4, glossy, saddle stitched
• Monthly frequency
• Established in 1981
• Cover price £3.30
A creative approach
Advertorials are a proven way of blending an advertising theme into an editorially styled feature, thereby delivering a very strong message to new and existing customers. Bowls International can write and design an advertising feature based on your business, products and services from information supplied by you.
Bowls International magazine can design, write and produce your promotional material in a variety of languages, sizes and specifications. We can also distribute your supplements through Bowls International magazine at the shows we attend or via direct mail to a particular target market.
Articles that have featured in Bowls International are an excellent way to promote your company at events and through direct mail. The reprints can range from 2 – 12 pages and can be re-designed to carry your advertising message.
Gatefold, Outserts, Loose Inserts
Bowls International can accommodate single and double gatefolds, outserts and loose inserts. This creative form of marketing can have a huge impact when you are launching new products/services.
Advertising Terms and Conditions
- Harry Redknapp was dramatically revealed as the new Bowls England manager today 23 Jun 2015
- Walker Cup regional finals draw 23 Jun 2015
- World Bowls introduces new development strategy 23 Jun 2015
- Balcombe Trophy reaches semi final stage 23 Jun 2015
- Bowls International Unsung Heroes Award 2015 18 Jun 2015
- Question Time 5 Jun 2013
- Laws – Which Ones are we Using? 5 Jun 2013
- The Numbers Game 5 Jun 2013
- What is a 'Team' 27 Feb 2013
- Doing the Card 27 Feb 2013
- Forres BC - Open Triples
4 Jul 2015
- Bowls England Women's Junior International Squad Day
5 Jul 2015
- Bowls England Men's Junior International Squad Day
5 Jul 2015
- Helensburgh BC - Top Tournament
6 Jul 2015
- Bowls England Women's Junior International Series and Championships
17 Jul 2015 - 19 Jul 2015
- Maxi Pro Drakes Pride Bag 19 Oct 2012
- Thomas Taylor International 18 Oct 2012
- Clubhawk Gold Measure 26 Sep 2011
- Drakes Pride Bowls 21 Sep 2011