Paxton Comes Back from the Dead
24 January 2013
Robert Paxton won in exceptional circumstances this morning when he defeated fellow Englishman Mark Royal.
The Devonian looked down and out, with Royal claiming the first set comfortably, 10-3. With just two ends remaining in the second set, Royal held a 7-3 lead, but Paxton responded with a four and a single to clinch the set, 8-7.
After the ‘get out of jail free’ card, Paxton went on to win both tie-break ends to progress to the quarter-finals and will play one of two qualifiers – either Australia’s Ray Pearse, or Scotland’s Colin Walker.
- England Win With Ease 18 Jun 2013
- England on the Cusp 17 Jun 2013
- Dennis Mowers go to Hollywood (well Orange County to be precise) 5 Jun 2013
- Commonwealth Games Formats Finalised 4 Jun 2013
- Para-sports at the Commonwealth Games 4 Jun 2013
- UMPIRES' CLINIC - Question Time 5 Jun 2013
- UMPIRES' CLINIC - Laws – Which Ones are we Using? 5 Jun 2013
- UMPIRES' CLINIC - The Numbers Game 5 Jun 2013
- UMPIRES' CLINIC- What is a 'Team' 27 Feb 2013
- UMPIRES' CLINIC - Doing the Card 27 Feb 2013
- Maxi Pro Drakes Pride Bag 19 Oct 2012
- Thomas Taylor International 18 Oct 2012
- Clubhawk Gold Measure 26 Sep 2011
- Drakes Pride Bowls 21 Sep 2011