News: Paxton Comes Back from the Dead
By Patrick Hulbert on 24 January 2013, 13:33
Robert Paxton won in exceptional circumstances this morning when he defeated fellow Englishman Mark Royal.
The Devonian looked down and out, with Royal claiming the first set comfortably, 10-3. With just two ends remaining in the second set, Royal held a 7-3 lead, but Paxton responded with a four and a single to clinch the set, 8-7.
After the ‘get out of jail free’ card, Paxton went on to win both tie-break ends to progress to the quarter-finals and will play one of two qualifiers – either Australia’s Ray Pearse, or Scotland’s Colin Walker.
- Celebrities, Commonwealth Games and so much more...
25 October 2013
- BI Deliver Time and Time Again
18 September 2013
- Commonwealth Sport England Inject 180,000 into Lawn Bowls 15 Nov 2013
- Landmark Number Achieved by BDA 1 Nov 2013
- Elite Squad Trimmed 25 Oct 2013
- England Under 18 Teams Bring Back the Bacon 14 Oct 2013
- Question Time 5 Jun 2013
- Laws – Which Ones are we Using? 5 Jun 2013
- The Numbers Game 5 Jun 2013
- What is a 'Team' 27 Feb 2013
- Doing the Card 27 Feb 2013
- Maxi Pro Drakes Pride Bag 19 Oct 2012
- Thomas Taylor International 18 Oct 2012
- Clubhawk Gold Measure 26 Sep 2011
- Drakes Pride Bowls 21 Sep 2011