News: All Scotland Semi-final!
By Patrick Hulbert on 25 January 2013, 20:53
Scotland’s Colin Walker was the last player to reach the semi-final of the Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines singles after defeating England's Robert Paxton in straight sets.
It is an all Scotland semi-final after Stewart Anderson, David Gourlay and Paul Foster all progressed earlier, and the signs were good for Walker when he managed to win the opening set, 7-6.
Paxton took an early, 6-1 led in the first set, but was pegged back to 6-5 with two ends to play. Things looked ominous for Paxton on the 8th end as he was three down but an excellent draw gave him shot. Walker took it back to make two but Paxton’s last bowl took one out of the count to level matters at 6-6 with one end to play.
On the final end of the first set, Walker held on to the shot needed.
Walker took the initiative in the second set, taking a 7-3 lead with just three ends to play and ended up drawing the set as Paxton just ran out of time.
- Harry Redknapp was dramatically revealed as the new Bowls England manager today 23 Jun 2015
- Walker Cup regional finals draw 23 Jun 2015
- World Bowls introduces new development strategy 23 Jun 2015
- Balcombe Trophy reaches semi final stage 23 Jun 2015
- Bowls International Unsung Heroes Award 2015 18 Jun 2015
- Question Time 5 Jun 2013
- Laws – Which Ones are we Using? 5 Jun 2013
- The Numbers Game 5 Jun 2013
- What is a 'Team' 27 Feb 2013
- Doing the Card 27 Feb 2013
- Bowls England National Championships & National Competition Finals
1 Aug 2015 - 30 Aug 2015
- The 2015 Bournemouth Open Bowls Tournament
2 Aug 2015 - 8 Aug 2015
- Bogleha BC - Top Tournament
3 Aug 2015
- Ayr Northfield BC - Top Tournament
3 Aug 2015 - 8 Aug 2015
- West Kilbride BC - Ladies Pairs
8 Aug 2015
- Maxi Pro Drakes Pride Bag 19 Oct 2012
- Thomas Taylor International 18 Oct 2012
- Clubhawk Gold Measure 26 Sep 2011
- Drakes Pride Bowls 21 Sep 2011