Foster Through to Final
26 January 2013
Scotland’s Paul Foster will play fellow international Stewart Anderson in the final of the Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines world singles tomorrow.
Foster beat fellow Scot Colin Walker in the semi-final, but had to battle exceptionally hard to beat the Midlothian man from Pathhead Bowls Club.
A couple of successful drives for Foster was the difference in the first set, with him clinching it, 7-5, but Walker responded with true grit and after a sensational drawing display commanded a 6-3 lead with three ends to play, and a successful drive from Walker after he was three down gave him a single to make it 7-3 with two to play. He ultimately won the set, 8-4
In the tie-break, Foster opened with a front toucher, which Walker could not beat – 1-0 to Foster.
In the second end, Walker drew a side toucher with his second bowl, but Foster responded in style by resting the bowl for shot. With Walker’s last delivery, he skimmed a front bowl and ran on to rest the wrong side of the shot bowl, so the Troon Terminator as he has been recently called has paved his way to the final.
- Bowls New Zealand Announce 18 Person Squad 24 May 2013
- BDA Recruitment Drive in York 24 May 2013
- Junior England Development Squad Announced 22 May 2013
- Junior International England Team Selected 22 May 2013
- Senior England Women's Team Decided 22 May 2013
- UMPIRES' CLINIC- What is a 'Team' 27 Feb 2013
- UMPIRES' CLINIC - Doing the Card 27 Feb 2013
- UMPIRES' CLINIC - Casting the Jack 27 Feb 2013
- UMPIRES' CLINIC - Time 16 Jan 2013
- UMPIRES' CLINIC - Shoewear 16 Jan 2013
- Maxi Pro Drakes Pride Bag 19 Oct 2012
- Thomas Taylor International 18 Oct 2012
- Clubhawk Gold Measure 26 Sep 2011
- Drakes Pride Bowls 21 Sep 2011