News: Foster Through to Final
By Patrick Hulbert on 26 January 2013, 15:59
Scotland’s Paul Foster will play fellow international Stewart Anderson in the final of the Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines world singles tomorrow.
Foster beat fellow Scot Colin Walker in the semi-final, but had to battle exceptionally hard to beat the Midlothian man from Pathhead Bowls Club.
A couple of successful drives for Foster was the difference in the first set, with him clinching it, 7-5, but Walker responded with true grit and after a sensational drawing display commanded a 6-3 lead with three ends to play, and a successful drive from Walker after he was three down gave him a single to make it 7-3 with two to play. He ultimately won the set, 8-4
In the tie-break, Foster opened with a front toucher, which Walker could not beat – 1-0 to Foster.
In the second end, Walker drew a side toucher with his second bowl, but Foster responded in style by resting the bowl for shot. With Walker’s last delivery, he skimmed a front bowl and ran on to rest the wrong side of the shot bowl, so the Troon Terminator as he has been recently called has paved his way to the final.
- Celebrities, Commonwealth Games and so much more...
25 October 2013
- BI Deliver Time and Time Again
18 September 2013
- Commonwealth Sport England Inject 180,000 into Lawn Bowls 15 Nov 2013
- Landmark Number Achieved by BDA 1 Nov 2013
- Elite Squad Trimmed 25 Oct 2013
- England Under 18 Teams Bring Back the Bacon 14 Oct 2013
- Question Time 5 Jun 2013
- Laws – Which Ones are we Using? 5 Jun 2013
- The Numbers Game 5 Jun 2013
- What is a 'Team' 27 Feb 2013
- Doing the Card 27 Feb 2013
- Maxi Pro Drakes Pride Bag 19 Oct 2012
- Thomas Taylor International 18 Oct 2012
- Clubhawk Gold Measure 26 Sep 2011
- Drakes Pride Bowls 21 Sep 2011