News: Foster Through to Final
By Patrick Hulbert on 26 January 2013, 15:59
Scotland’s Paul Foster will play fellow international Stewart Anderson in the final of the Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines world singles tomorrow.
Foster beat fellow Scot Colin Walker in the semi-final, but had to battle exceptionally hard to beat the Midlothian man from Pathhead Bowls Club.
A couple of successful drives for Foster was the difference in the first set, with him clinching it, 7-5, but Walker responded with true grit and after a sensational drawing display commanded a 6-3 lead with three ends to play, and a successful drive from Walker after he was three down gave him a single to make it 7-3 with two to play. He ultimately won the set, 8-4
In the tie-break, Foster opened with a front toucher, which Walker could not beat – 1-0 to Foster.
In the second end, Walker drew a side toucher with his second bowl, but Foster responded in style by resting the bowl for shot. With Walker’s last delivery, he skimmed a front bowl and ran on to rest the wrong side of the shot bowl, so the Troon Terminator as he has been recently called has paved his way to the final.
- Teams announced for England vs Scotland men's test match 8 Oct 2015
- BDA reply to Without Bias article 25 Sep 2015
- Three new faces in shake up of England women's team 24 Sep 2015
- This year's WBT Superbowl cancelled 11 Sep 2015
- Commonwealth Youth Games singles concludes 8 Sep 2015
- Question Time 5 Jun 2013
- Laws – Which Ones are we Using? 5 Jun 2013
- The Numbers Game 5 Jun 2013
- What is a 'Team' 27 Feb 2013
- Doing the Card 27 Feb 2013
- Maxi Pro Drakes Pride Bag 19 Oct 2012
- Thomas Taylor International 18 Oct 2012
- Clubhawk Gold Measure 26 Sep 2011
- Drakes Pride Bowls 21 Sep 2011