News: Stewart Anderson Wins World Singles
By Patrick Hulbert on 27 January 2013, 16:22
Auckinleck’s Stewart Anderson won his first ever WBT world singles, sponsored by Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines, defeating four times champion Paul Foster.
In an exceptional match, the first set was tied after Foster managed to score a three and a single on the last two ends to tie it at 10-10.
In the second set Anerson continued to play exceptionally, taking a 4-0 lead after two ends, continuing his relentless drawing display. However, at 9-5 to Anderson with four ends to play, Foster went on another surge, scoring a single and a two.
At 9-8 to Anderson on the penultimate end, Foster drew his first three in, with Anderson driving and taking one away with his third bowl, and with his last he played the draw, getting second bowl.
9-9 with one end to go, Anderson opening with a front toucher and Foster never managed to beat it, his last bowl being the closest but not falling back.
Congratulations go to Stewart from all at Bowls International magazine.
- BOWLS SCOTLAND RECEIVES FUNDING 1 Sep 2014
- POTTERS ROAD SHOW TO KICK OFF 26 Aug 2014
- MEN'S SINGLES GOLD AND BRONZE MATCHES DRAW 1 Aug 2014
- MEN’S FOURS GOLD AND BRONZE MATCH 1 Aug 2014
- FIXTURE 12.45 pm MEN’S FOURS GOLD AND BRONZE MEDAL MATCH 1 Aug 2014
- Question Time 5 Jun 2013
- Laws – Which Ones are we Using? 5 Jun 2013
- The Numbers Game 5 Jun 2013
- What is a 'Team' 27 Feb 2013
- Doing the Card 27 Feb 2013
- Maxi Pro Drakes Pride Bag 19 Oct 2012
- Thomas Taylor International 18 Oct 2012
- Clubhawk Gold Measure 26 Sep 2011
- Drakes Pride Bowls 21 Sep 2011