Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines World Singles
Paul Foster, I believe, will win it for a fifth time! He is consistently excellent - very, very rarely playing a bad game.
I feel that he has the edge over his opponents, and that winning the World Bowls championship pairs tournment in Adelaide last month, coupled with his imperious display at the Scottish Open, will hold him in good stead.
When he is at his best I almost feel catatonic - in a daze watching his incredible ability. He, and his pal Alex Marshall, have an aura of efficacy about themselves, and I ferevently believe that only a handful of players will be able to lift the trophy.
Firstly, Andy Thomson. He won it last year and must not be discounted. I also feel Alex Marshall could get one over his pal.
David Gourlay got back to World Bowls Tour winning ways in February when he won the Welsh open, and I think he has a real chance of lifting the crown.
After that, I really am struggling. Robert Weale is always consistent, and there are many on their day who could beat Paul, icluding England supremos Simon Skelton and Robert Paxton, but not necessarily going all the way to win the title.
Of course, I would usually include Greg Harlow as a player that could win it, but he has succumbed to Colin Walker in the opening round this morning.
Many of these players are rightfully exalted by the bowling fraternity, and over one million people will watch the final.
Watch this space...
- The Co-operative Funeralcare's International Open at Blackpool 4 Mar 2015
- Bowls International launches Unsung Heroes Awards 2015 27 Feb 2015
- Knapper and Walker win England Bowler of the Year awards 23 Feb 2015
- Five times world champion Alex reaches semi final 23 Jan 2015
- Greg Harlow breezes into World Indoor Championship semi final 23 Jan 2015
- Question Time 5 Jun 2013
- Laws – Which Ones are we Using? 5 Jun 2013
- The Numbers Game 5 Jun 2013
- What is a 'Team' 27 Feb 2013
- Doing the Card 27 Feb 2013
- Maxi Pro Drakes Pride Bag 19 Oct 2012
- Thomas Taylor International 18 Oct 2012
- Clubhawk Gold Measure 26 Sep 2011
- Drakes Pride Bowls 21 Sep 2011